Thursday, March 8, 2012

Enamel Accents Embossed Tag - The Black & White of it all....

Today I wanted to share a tag I made that's got a bit of a twist to it.
First, here is the tag...

Enamel Accent Embossed Tag

Now can you guess what I made to use the black & white design?

Yes, it's Enamel Accents but it's on a piece of recycled plastic packaging!
Here is a close up of the tag so you can see what I did....

Enamel Accent Embossed Tag - Up Close

First I ran a sheet of plastic from a package through my die cutting machine inside an embossing folder.  I liked this folder for it's cool retro design. 

Next I flipped the embossed plastic over and started filling up the various sections with either Black or White Enamel Accents.    I didn't fill all of the design because I still wanted the colored tag to show through in some areas. 
 (The tag was colored using Wrinkle Free Distress Technique & Broken China/Peeled Paint Distress Inks)

After the embossed and now enameled acetate was dry I stapled it to the tag with the Tiny Attacher.

Then I set to adding various embellishments including a biggie brad and bottle cap ~ both filled with Enamel Accents as well as a few mini brads colored with the black EA.

Enamel Accent Embossed Tag - Bottle Cap Charm

Finally I stamped the sentiment (JFF) trimmed it from the paper in a banner shape, added it as well as a few flowers, the charms and some ribbon to finish it off.

Just another fun way to get those Enamel Accents out of the bottle and into your art!

12 comments:

  1. You never cease to amaze me with your creativity! How in the world do you thin of these things? I adore your bottle cap too. Perhaps you would be kind enough to share how you made that too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely GORGEOUS!
    I'm going to try to remember to try this out this weekend, I like it a lot. TFS
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat idea! I have some stuff called "Paper Paint" that I bought years ago. I think Tulip is the company who made it. Anyway, it is thick and gives an embossed look, and doesn't wrinkle your paper. I bet it would work for this technique. And I have several colors of it...my creative juices are flowing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is never a dull moment on Ink Stains! What a totally awesome tag, Roni! I so admire your creativity. I want to know how your brain works! lol Keep inspiring us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Grief...I bet you can't sleep at nite because you have the next WONDERFUL idea springing to mind!! This is awesome....
    (and I was able to get the funky square die....)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is way cool!! love the black and white theme!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is awesome! Is this stuff anything like UTEE?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the look of this tag Roni! SO different from your usual style. It is fun to see this side of you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!