Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Quick Torn Border Cards

Like the old saying, don't cry over spilled milk - don't cry over torn paper because there are so many FUN ways to use it!!  The November Club Scrap Technique Challenge is Torn Paper!

There are so many fun techniques that you can use torn paper with (you'll see several techniques on the Club Scrap blog in the above link). I wanted to do something a bit different so I gave it some thought and decided upon border pattern papers. 

Sometimes I have a difficult time using up those papers with pre-printed borders along one edge or the other because they are so big and I don't want to "waste" it - LOL!!  Ya know if you cut it up for cards you're going to end up with a small bit left over - what am I going to do with it? I can't throw it away, I don't really scrap 12x12 much but again, it's just too pretty to toss the excess so subsequently I have loads of papers with the borders still intact.  

Well it occurred to me that if I tore the border strip from the paper and cut it into 3 - 4" pieces I would have a great border for not one but 3 cards!


I started off by tearing and cutting up the border strip. I then used VersaMark ink to stamp the background of each card panel. Affixed the border, stamped a sentiment and embellished!


The background stamping didn't show up very well on the lighter cream colored cardstock so I stenciled on the little chef using Dark Brown Shimmer Delicata ink.


I'm really pleased with how they turned out and I didn't realize until I was done with them how quickly it went! That sparked a fun idea on making lots of cards in a short amount of time. I love it when things like that happen!  SO if you have a bit of time, give it a try and see just how quickly you can make lots of cards using torn borders!

Supplies:

ClubScrap.com - Trattoria Papers, Stamps, Stencils
Imagine - Delicata - Dark Brown Shimmer; VersaMark; VersaFine; Sponge Dauber
Faux Gems


And I thought I'd mention that I am now on Instagram...I've never done it before and I'm just startin' out but if you'd like to follow you can find me here:  @inkstainedroni  Hope to see you there :)

5 comments:

  1. Perfect cards for the tecnique challenge, Roni.
    Simple idea and just great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards. I am a fan of “torn.” Great job, Roni.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are neat! I especially like the middle card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great little set of cards! Love the torn edge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!